POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Palm trees from primatives : Re: Palm trees from primatives Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:25:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Palm trees from primatives
From: bob h
Date: 8 Feb 2002 22:08:43
Message: <3c6492bb@news.povray.org>
"Wanderer On The Road" <non### [at] fakeaddresscom> wrote in message

> Interesting. I've tried to do some stuff with #while and failed. Before
and
> I'm interestid in this spline() function in 3.5 I'm assuming that it's
> documented. Any good tutorials for that sort of thing? Oh and if it makes
> any difference this will be appear in a painting with in the scene.

You are going to model something that will be 2D?  Or were you going to use
a ready-made photo?  If the latter, image_map is all you'd need.

Yes, in the beta of 3.5 and MegaPOV, both have splines.  It isn't very
difficult to use at all.  Just a list of points (vectors) with a time value
attached to each, then when you run a variable through it via clock or loop
it increments according to that.  Interpolating a series of vectors called
by MySpline(Time) for example which in reality is <1,2,3> format as
recognized by the keyword you apply it with, i.e. translate MySpline(Move)
[those words being whatever you declare them to be, of course].  Move would
be the clock or loop variable.

See section 6.1.9 of the v3.5 docs.
I thought that was available online separately but I fail to find it now.

Check out the creators (I think he is anyway) tutorial on it:
http://pandora.inf.uni-jena.de/p/e/noo/povsp/use.html

bob h